background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Thoughts to ponder from "one thousand gifts"

Some tidbits from the book "one thousand gifts" I am wanting to chew on...

"I speak it to God: I don't really want MORE time; I just want ENOUGH time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long..."

" I'd never considered those two words, the bridge words there in the middle, the crossing over that took the not enough and made it enough. Gave Thanks."

"Jesus embraces His not enough... He gives thanks... And there is more than enough."

"Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away."
-------------------------------------
I know these things are True for me. I am so longing for ENOUGH time to drink in this season of my life so deeply.

I want to always remember the cute face that will stop nursing, look up at me and just smile a smile of pure joy. To remember that face he makes when blowing air because he thinks it's the neatest thing to just blow air. To always hear the squeal that lingers at the end of Griffins laugh. It's infectious.

But the hurry, the rush, the long to do list, they take over and crowd my thoughts. How do we make time stand still?

No comments:

Post a Comment