9 Months Old
9 Month Stats:
- Griffin weighs 17 lbs 13oz and is 27" long (He is in the 10% percentile for both). He was 15lbs 8oz and 26" long at 6 months, so he gained 2 lbs since the last well visit and grew one inch. Looks like he is already taken after his momma and staying on the petite side, lol!
- He is mainly wearing 9 month clothing, and some 12 month if he has his cloth diapers on (they take up some space!).
- We are still breastfeeding and going strong. Griffin does great when nursing, but he doesnt like to finish his bottles at daycare. So we are now giving him 4 smaller bottles while there (we have gone from 3, to 2, to 3 and now to 4! ha) and so far he is finishing them- I hope it keeps up!
- He is eating solids and loving them. He has started eating "table foods" this last month and does ok. He has eaten the following table/finger foods: bananas, carrots, green beans, peas, bread, pears, peaches, and sweet potato fries. Right now his favorite foods are oatmeal, rice cereal, and yogurt. We are going to start introducing meat this week.
- Naps: He is usually taking 2 or 3 naps a day. His first two are usually 1 & 1/2 or 2 hrs and if he does a 3rd its a short cat nap. He goes down for naps pretty well now and just fusses for maybe a minute or two and then lays down and sleeps.
- Nighttime sleep: Griffin still doesnt sleep thru the night, but he is getting better. We had a crazy month with being out of our house, 2 ear infections, and other random junk, so sleep has been all over the place. But he is settling in and usually he is up only once or twice a night to eat. At this point our dr wants me to keep doing night feedings since he is smaller and doesnt take his bottles well during the day. Maybe we will sleep one day!
- He will now respond to "No" and you can tell he understands it now (even though sometimes he just decides to ignore it!ha).
- He had his first ear infection this month! Boo! Followed by his second! Ugh. Hopefully he is on the mend now.
- Griffin is pulling up like a pro now, cruising so quickly and almost walking. He loves to walk around just holding on to our fingers and is pretty good. He has a walker he pushes around really well. He loves riding on his daddy's shoulders too! He is so fun to listen to as he babbles away ("RaRaRa" is my fav) and when you ask him to say "Mama" right now he smiles and says "Dada"! Little stinker! He has gotten back into clapping again and is doing it all the time.
Have I mentioned how much I love being this kids mom? He is sooooo cute and I love him so much!
** See Griffin Grow Here**