It's time for the Fall into Reading challenge over at Callapidder Days! For those of you who are newer to Patelife, "FIR" is a reading challenge I participated in last year. It is very low key; there are not very many rules. Basically it is just a way to motivate yourself to read some books you have been meaning to get around to but just havent yet. I will post the rules and how-to's below.
It is crazy for me to think that at this time last year I was still unemployed (its only been a year?). This year went sooo quick, but I feel like last fall was a million years ago. I am very ready for Fall- ready for the brisk weather, hot chocolate, leaves, lite jackets, hayrides and bonfires. I have done a horrid job of reading this summer, so I need something to push me to read more than just blogs! Here is how you join in, I hope many of you do!
To participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2010.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 21st, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!