background

Monday, September 17, 2012

Meal Planning Monday



A few food related things from last week:

- Dont put things that you know you (or your spouse) really dont want on your meal plan. I know that Mr.Pate is not a big salmon fan (though during our dating days he always acted super happy for me to cook it for him for lunch...). Its my favorite food! But I am not the biggest fan of how mine tastes, versus eating it out. So we ate out instead of having salmon as planed one night last week. 
- I made 2 pinterest recipes this week! I made these pinwheels for community group tonight, and these roll-ups to take to Becky's last night. The verdicts: 1. The roll ups were good but I made them large (2 cresents together) and I think they are better smaller (just 1). 2. The pinwheels were yummy but messy. I chose to use pizza crust, which was too big I think. Yay for actually doing something I pinned though! 

Up this week: 
  • Monday: Balsamic Pork Roast in the Crock Pot with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans (Never had this one, so Ill let you know how it goes)
  • Tuesday: Grilled Chicken and Baked Potatoes
  • Wednesday: Eat at Church
  • Thursday: Ham & Cheese Stromboli (a super old fav!)
  • Friday: North Warren's Fall Festival
  • Saturday: Leftovers/ WKU Game!
  • Sunday: Community Groups (have to take a dessert... hummm any ideas for me?)
Ham and Broccoli Shortcut Stromboli1 package (10 oz) refrigerated pizza dough1 can (10 ¾ oz) Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Celery Soup1 cup cooked chopped broccoli2 cups cubed cooked ham1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400ยบ2. Unroll dough onto greased baking sheet (I use a baking stone)3. Mix soup, broccoli and ham. Spread soup mixture on one side of dough (leave one inch on the edges). Top with the cheese.4. Fold the dough over the mixture long ways and pinch all sides to seal.5. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve. Yields 4 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment