6 Months Old
Griffin is 6 months old! That is half of a year! My oh my, where has the time gone? Time is such a funny thing. It feels like I was sitting right on this couch yesterday crying because I was home but my baby was in the NICU, and yet that also feels like a million years ago. Time marches on eh?
6 Month Stats:
- Griffin weighs 15 lbs 8 oz (10th percentile), is 26" long (50th percentile), and his head is 43 cm (20th percentile).
- Clothing: He is barely squeezing in 3 month clothing, is comfortable in 3-6 month and 6 month clothing and wearing 6-9 clothing with a little extra length. His diapers are still on the 2nd rise setting.
- We are still breastfeeding exclusively. Six months in, wow. I am so thankful for my boss & coworkers support in this. We never would have made it this far without their understanding and support so I can pump each day. Griffin usually only takes 10-15 minutes to nurse now.
- Still spitting up, but it is definitely getting better. Just in the last two weeks, we have noticed it is happening less and less. So he still throws up after every feeding at some point, but not as much in amount as he used to. Hopefully we are growing out of it?! We did reflux meds for the last month, but we did not see any difference and decided not to continue them this month. I do not think his spitting up has caused him any burning in his throat (which is what the meds treat). Here is to hoping by 7 months he is over it!!! I cannot even imagine having a baby who doesnt spit up constantly. Cant even imagine.
- Schedule: Griffin is still on a 4 hr schedule. He is still doing well with eating every four hours, but the sleep is not always happening anymore. Oh daycare! They really struggle to get him to nap there. I am still not sure what the problem is. At home he will take a 1 & 1/2 or 2 hour nap. But not there. Whatever.
- Nighttime Sleep: We are doing SO.MUCH.BETTER! Griffin is putting himself to sleep each night in his crib usually. He started rolling onto his stomach to sleep and sleeps so much better on his stomach, so we now put him on his stomach to begin with (I know I know, they say dont do that!). He does so much better this way! He has only been waking about 2 times a night now, which is a great improvement. Woo Hoo!
- Milestones: He can now scoot himself backwards, and around in a circle. He is rocking back adn forth on his hands and feet and he even pulled up on something once this month! Crazy!
- We started rice cereal last weekend. Our doctor has us do this for three weeks then we start yellow veggies. So far Griffin likes the spoon and the cereal, but he is still figuring out how to swallow with his tongue.
- This month Griffin has fallen in love with Zoey, our cat. He loves to pull her hair or hit her (pat her). She is not his biggest fan, but she doesnt run away either. I mean, if it bugged her that much she would get up right? Ha!