background

Sunday, January 23, 2011

17 Weeks and Counting....


  • How far along: 17 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 7 or 8 lbs so far
  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants, regular pants with rubber bands and regular shirts. 
  • Sleep: I need some! Ha! I am sleeping well when I go to sleep, but I just need more sleep!! So tired! 
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Probably today when Mr.Pate and I were actually talking to the baby! Ha! 
  • Movement: I think I may have felt something during church today, but I am not sure if it was the baby or my crazy body right now...  
  • Food Cravings: Salmon!!! I just really want some. Its one of my fav foods anyhow. 
  • Food Aversions: None this week. 
  • Morning Sickness: Still none so I hope I am past that.  
  • Symptoms: Exhaustion! Still waiting on the burst of energy to kick in with this 2nd trimester. Heartburn, it hasnt been as bad this week though. Peeing all the time. No more nosebleeds this week! Yay! Always hungry!!! 
  • What I miss: ENERGY!! This exhaustion is kicking my butt!  
  • What I'm looking forward to: Feb 17th we will hopefully (as long as baby pate cooperates) find out the gender! Yay! Our birth classes start in February. Also feeling the baby kick for sure and getting to plan the decor for the nursery! 
  • Other news: I have started perusing websites for nursery ideas and I think Mr.Pate and I are both on the same page about the direction we want to go. Went to the doctor this week and that went well, except I think my doctor thinks I am a dork bc I have a binder with baby stuff organized in it. 
  • Names: 
    • Boy name- Griffin Alan Pate 
    • Top Girl names right now (but no idea really)- 
      • Adelae (Pronounce A-da-lay; we dont know the exact spelling we would use but possibly that one or Adelei, Adelay, Adalay...) 
      • Sophie 
      • Amelia 
      • Evie 
      • Charlie
      • (I think Evie and Adelay are my favs right now)
      • We havent really even talked about these anymore, so no progress in this department. 
Milestones: 
According to Babycenter.com, our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.. (They chose the pronouns, we still dont know the sex, fyi.)

I cant believe it has already been 17 weeks! So far this has flown by.

Ok now, please share any pregnancy wisdom you have with me (or wisdom in general if you have no pregnancy experience)....


1 comment:

  1. jeff and i discussed names, but decided we would wait until we found out to narrow it down. that way we didn't waste a lot of time with a girl name if we didn't need it and vice-versa. once we found out jacob was a boy, his name came so easy!! jacob was one of the names that we had discussed, and after i found out he was a boy, i couldn't imagine him as anything else, even if i tried!!

    i hope you have the same luck whenever you pick a name!

    ReplyDelete