Sunday, January 24, 2016

A different snowy day in January

Well our next snow day went down a bit differently than the last....

Poor Grady fractured his tibia! He stood up on the edge of the couch and just slipped, so he landed feet first too hard and created a tiny fracture. It was such a normal not very big fall, but his foot just landed the perfect way to fracture the bone.

This happens around 10:30 in the morning, and I was in the kitchen throwing dinner in the crock pot (enter mommy guilt here). I could tell from his cry that he was hurt. He cried for a good 30 minutes or so while we iced it and then he napped on me for awhile. We had trouble figuring out if it was his ankle, foot, or toes. He just kept grabbing at the foot and would not put any weight on it.

After his nap he seemed a little better and even smiled some, but would not put any weight on it. So around 3pm we decided we needed to bite the bullet and take him to the ER. In the snow. Ugh.

Luckily, the fabulous Peaches offered to take Griffin so he didn't have to be bored at the hospital! Thank you guys! He got to go sledding on hospital hill, so he was so pleased.

We chose to go to Greenview because they are known for their fast ER, and I was really pleased. They were not super busy and we got back to a room in like under 10 min. Grady had been pathetic and laying on me all day, and the nurse thought he might be sick too. She gave him some Advil, then we took him to X-Ray. Once we got back from X-Ray he sat up and just started acting like his silly self. The meds must have kicked in! When the nurse came back she was so surprised to see such a difference in only like 10 minutes!

The doctor came in and let us know that Grady did have a tiny fracture in his tibia after all. (So glad we went!) They put him in a temporary cast and we have to call to see an orthopedic specialist this week.
Once he got the cast I think he was not in so much pain and was much more like himself. The only problem now is that poor thing cannot stand on it or walk, and he is adjusting to that... We all are!

So that's our story of the first broken bone and first trip to the ER for one of our kids. It completely figures that it would be our wild red head! Haha!

And a few more pics from yesterday and today, while I am at it...

This one stole almost all the scrambled eggs his brother and I fixed for us... Like all of mine and his brothers as well. #piggie #beforethefall

This is the weeping willow in our backyard this morning...

And two hours later...

Today Griffin and daddy shoveled the driveway for us! Such great men I have! They found this huge piece of ice on one of the tires.

We also registered this one for Tball today. Wow. Time is flying.

And Griffin and I are ending the night watching Mr.Peabody and Sherman. We have watched a movie every night this weekend :-) #movielovers

Back to work tomorrow for me...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment