5 Months Old
(Yep 1 am 2 weeks late... so 5 Months & 2 weeks actually)
5 Month Stats:
- No checkup this month so I dont know what he weighs or how long he is. But he has definitely gotten longer!
- He is in some 3-6 months and 6-9 month clothing. 3-6 is almost to short, and 6-9 month is a little long. I had to start double stuffing our cloth diapers, and I had to go to the next setting on the rise (meaning he is longer).
- Still nursing and going strong! We went through a period of "distracted" nursing this month where the boy took forever to eat because he wanted to look at every noise or light. But we switched some things up and are going strong again.
- Still spitting up a lot. We started noticing that he was making the spit up sound but not getting anything up more, and making a chewing face often, so we started him on reflux meds right before Christmas. He got a virus right after so we dont know if it has helped him yet.
- Schedule: We moved him to a 4 hour schedule right after Christmas to see if it would help him eat better. He had been snacking and not taking full feedings. It worked and so far we are loving the new schedule! Yay! He is basically awake for 2 hrs then naps for 2 hrs now! Crazy awesome!
- Nighttime Sleep: This month just got worse instead of better. We started putting him in his rock n play to sleep bc he didnt seem to want to be flat on his back. He wakes often. Ugh. Then he got a virus this past week and wouldnt sleep if we werent holding him poor thing. So lets hope it gets better now?
- Milestones: He now blows raspberries, holds on to you when you hold him, gives hugs and big open mouth kisses!! He also reaches out for some people! ohhhhh i love that feeling when he reaches for me!
- He is getting more and more fun! He sits up awesome now, and loves to play. He will go much longer in his exersaucer now and actually plays with all of the toys on it instead of just a few. He is really noticing Joey and reaches for him all the time. He seems to be good with strangers so far, and really turns on the charm with the ladies at Starbucks.
I cannot believe he will be 6 months in like 2 & 1/2 weeks... I say that every month I know. This really is going way too fast. He is a joy and I so cherish getting to be his Mommy. Love you Griffin!