background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Food for Thought

Or maybe just food for eating?

I haven't posted a menu plan since May... yep that's five months! Basically in June and July I was pregnant and sick of cooking, so we ate out often or grilled. And then I had a tiny human and life got crazy! So we have not been cooking a ton the past 3 months either. And when we do, it has mostly been Mr.Pate getting the food on the table. But this week we have a meal plan and so far have actually cooked two meals! Pretty good compared to the past five months. Anyhow, the meal we ate tonight was yummy so I thought I just had to share! Plus its a crock pot meal- which is sooo easy!

Bacon Ranch Chicken

4 chicken breasts 
2 tbsp bacon bits (I used like 1/4-1/2 cup instead)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pkg ranch seasoning mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
4 potatoes, chopped 


Place chicken in crock pot. Combine bacon, garlic, soup, sour cream, seasoning and potatoes. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally. 

Its so yummy! I got it off of the "Crock Pot Girls" facebook page. Have you guys been on there?? They have tons of recipes, although many are similar to each other. Well, try this recipe and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment