background

Monday, March 6, 2017

A Valentines to Remember




I am not a huge Valentine's person one way or the other- I don't make it a huge deal and I also don't make a huge deal about not liking it either. But this years Valentines was pretty great!



I took the day off to volunteer at Bristow. I wanted to help with their party anyhow, so I just decided to make a day of it! Haha! I LOVE volunteering and getting to see what Griffin's world there is like. I copied a bunch, cut a bunch of stuff out, laminated things like a pro, and then just did whatever I could find to do. Haha!



Then it was time to party! Griffin decorated his box with a Star Wars theme. It was pretty cute, if I do say so.



Oh and Griffin got his brother a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal for Valentines! He loved it!


After Bristow, I went to get a pedicure- which I had said was the only thing I wanted for Valentines. It was glorious. I picked up Grady and we headed home for a normal family dinner at home... but when I pulled up to our house I see the Bostick's and Staggs' cars at my house?! People come by all the time, so I really wasn't sure if they were just stopping to get something or what. But when I made it in, the ladies (and babies) were sitting on the couch and the men were hard at work in my kitchen.... it was a surprise dinner for us!


Griffin even helped make place cards :-)





The men even dressed in similar clothes- not sure if that was on purpose?!


So a week or two before, Jason had shared a recipe on Facebook. I commented on it that he and my hubby needed to make it for their wives. At the same time, Justin was watching it in another room and commented too, haha! So, they surprised us with that recipe...


Delicious huge steaks, garlic shrimp that was amazing, fancy hasselbacked potatoes, and asparagus. It was so so so delicious.


They let us ladies sit and eat while they watched kiddos/fed little baby kiddos etc, and then they came and ate after the kids were settled.


And they even did the dishes and left my kitchen looking better than before!!


We were some lucky ladies and felt very loved, taken care of, and surprised. Good job guys!


It was one of the best meals I have had in a long time, some of the best company, and we got to be in my home where the kids could be loud and crazy and it was ok. Like a dream come true for this momma :-)

Happy Valentines Day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment