background

Friday, May 8, 2015

Body Safety and a Free Printable!



A few weeks ago, I saw this article come across my Facebook feed. I had been talking to friends recently about how difficult I was finding it to teach Griffin about "good touch vs bad touch". So often you hear that the people who end up sexually abusing children are people who are in your close circle, that you never would have suspected. Of course, I cannot imagine any of our families or friends being predators, but I am sure parents of victims all thought that. So it has been hard for me to figure out how to teach Griffin the difference between it being ok for someone to bath him, help him in the restroom etc, and a bad touch. This article and the list of body safety rules makes it so much clearer I think! So I decided to make it look a little nicer before hanging it up, and thought some of you might want it too!

Mr. Pate and I did discuss the no secrets part and decided we didn't feel the need to go to this lady's extreme for that (but to each his own), so I altered that one a bit.

This is my first "printable" to offer on my blog, so let me know if there are any issues with getting the pdf. Otherwise, enjoy and good luck equipping your kiddos to stay safe and ward off some of the awfulness in this fallen world. Ultimately I am praying that we (and you) will not be in this predicament to begin with.







Click Here for the Free Printable PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment