background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Return

Today I returned to work after a 3 week break. Yep, WKU staff got a 3 week paid holiday. Blessed beyond measure.

But...

Man oh man is it hard to return to work when you have had so much time at home. Griffin and I had really gotten in a groove. I am pretty much a hermit, so it is very easy for me to hunker down and not want to leave. Especially when it is freezing outside!! I so cherish these past three weeks with my little guy.

We prepared for Christmas, and he even helped me wrap some presents.






Peeps came and visited us...


We played with all of our Christmas presents...











And learned to play several games! He is actually pretty good at them
too.











He helped me cook scrambled eggs and muffins. He loved helping in the kitchen, and it was nice to have the time to let him. I am gonna have to start making Saturdays a cook together day.





We laid in his bed and read most days. Such sweet sweet moments. He would randomly kiss my forehead and make me want to cry!






Going to work today wasn't bad. I have an amazing job and am incredibly blessed. But the thing I loved most about being home was being able to take our time. There was no rushing. And I realized how much that seemed to affect griffin in a positive way.

There were no tantrums in the mornings, instead we cuddled and watched movies and talked. There were no major fights to take naps, instead there were sweet stories read and hugs given and talks of our plans after nap. There was just a sweet time of me getting to meet Griffin right where he is at, and laugh doing it. This kid is hilarious and sweet and so darn cute. I knew all of these things about him, but getting to slow down and really take it all in has been priceless.

Another amazing perk of being off was lunches with Mr.Pate. He mostly eats lunch at home now that he works for Servpro, and this week that meant visiting us!

I am thankful for the time I got, and thankful I have a job to go back to. But I'll always cherish this break and the quality time that came with it. .-)

- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment