background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pinterest Hoarding







Most are guilty of it, Pinterest hoarding that is. We pin and pin and pin, but rarely make the time to try out any of the great ideas we "save for later". I am trying to make a point of trying out or "doing" at least one of my pins a month (and hoping to do much more!). So here is a summary of all the Pinterest ideas I have attempted thus far:

Tub Cleaner: For starters, I did exactly what this pin said and heated this before mixing. I wouldnt do that next time. It then made the mixture very very frothy and hard to squirt. Once I let it cool down (like a day or two later), it worked great. It really did take soap scum off pretty easily and kept it at bay for quite awhile. I did not love the smell (very vinegary). 

# 1: For Griffin's Bday I took a cue from this pin and made two #1's from pictures of his first year. Super simple and soooo cute! We still have them up on our mantle because we just hated to only use them for a day. 

Busy Bags: I am going to do a whole post on this soon, but wanted to just say Pinterest has great ideas for kid learning activities. 

Recipes:

Sausage wheels: These were yummy but messy and harder to do than they look. I used pizza crust dough and not crescent dough, so that could have been the problem. They were hard to roll tightly, and then came apart after I cut them. But once they baked they were yummy and stayed together. 

Ranch Greek Yogurt: I have seen a few versions of this one. I did the one linked here, which involved greek yogurt, milk and ranch seasoning. Verdict- it tasted good but was pretty liquidly.  I would just do the yogurt and seasoning next time. 

Ranch Pork Chops: Loved them. Easy, quick to put together, and yummy. 

Balsamic Pork Loin: I did this one according to the instructions, but next time I would just mix it all together and throw it in at the beginning. 

Nutella No Bake Cookies: SOOOO yummy. And really easy too. 

Shredded Chicken: This one was easy and yummy too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment