background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

hungry

Hungry I come to you
For I know You satisfy
I am empty, but I know
Your love does not run dry

So I wait for you
So I wait for You
I’m falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for

Broken, I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know
Your touch restores my life

So I wait for you
So I wait for You
I’m falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for
......…....................................................

We sang this song this morning at church, and it brought back alot of memories for me. This was a popular worship song the summer after I graduated high school. It was a rough summer for me, I had lost a great friend in a tragic gun accident that had scarred me pretty bad. I was also getting ready to leave all the familar and head off to college, a pretty intimidating thing for sure! But despite all the craziness that summer, it was a huge summer of Spiritual growth for me. I remember being in the middle of a field in Guadalajara, Mexico and singing this with all my heart...I meant every word as much as I absolutely could. I also remember being in the middle of the large room at fbc on a wednesday night singing it just as passionately.

And today, nine years later, I stood in my little old church and sang the same simple but powerful words. It amazes me that God has been this faithful to me. I made so many mistakes and detours along the way, I was tainted and stained with sinfulness, but God still chose to keep me in His arms. He has restored my life sooo many times when I have run to Him broken. He has satisfied when I was beyond empty.

It's almost comical to me to look at who I was and the mistakes I made and then look at how God has blessed me with a godly man and amazing girls to minister to. Really??

... Jesus you're all this heart is living for...

No comments:

Post a Comment