- I have been spending my weekends mainly with my Youth girls, family, and friends. Now that our summer break is coming to an end I can look back and say I really have tried to cram as much into as I possibly could! And I am exhausted but happy.
- This summer has been such a fruitful time with our youth girls. (I say girls because we dont have many boys, and the ones we do are MIA in the summer. Sad times.) I have had quality time with each and every one of my girls, and they are all sooo night and day different! But I am beyond humbled at the fact that they see me as a guide and a person they can confide in. When I was their age and looking into my future, I would never have dreamed this is where I would be. With a past like mine I sooo dont deserve to teach anyone anything about the Lord or living a life to spread His name, at least thats what my worldly brain thinks. But the Lord uses the foolish things of this world... and I am soo in that category. We have spent the summer at camp, in bible study, hanging out at amusement parks or water parks, at my house, at Dustin's house, at VBS and in our youth house. And every bit of it has been a huge blessing to my soul.
- All that being said, I always hate when they go back to school. This summer I got them to myself- not very many distractions. Now they have homework and friends and all kinds of distractions. Please pray for focus and continued unity.
- This summer I have seen some of my closest friends more than I typically do in a year. The only bff I havent laid eyes on this summer is Kris (Miss you!!). I have had short visits, day trips, showers, and one on ones with some of my most loved girlfriends. It has been amazing. Amazing.
- I wish I could say i have had tons of family time, but thats not the case. I have had some great moments with my and mr.pate's family, though, and its been much needed. My fabulous nieces spent a few days with us. And I have seen my family in lots of quick and short visits- which is better than nothing! We had a great 4th of July in Louisville with Mr.Pate's family and it was one of those almost perfect laid back days. It is hard to believe that Mr.Pate's Grandma passed away only 3 short months ago.
- And Sheldon (the twins little brother) is here for the week now. He goes to college in only 2 weeks!!! Ahh!! I am loving our time with him right now. Loving it.
- And I have not done a great job of losing any wieght this summer- in fact I have gained and lost the same 2 lbs all summer. But I havent really been trying either. I am just trying to be healthy but also enjoy myself. And often that includes somekind of chocolate... haha!
- Some random things about me from this summer: I have totally fallen back in love with Food Network and Top Chef and watching people cook. In college I was obsessed but then I just kinda got tired of it. I have totally done a sucky job of taking care of my house this summer, it is always a mess. I hate grocery shopping and havent really wanted to cook much (hence the lack of MPM posts). I havent read much except I am doing the 90-Day right now and that takes all of my energy (oh Leviticus!). And I was thinking of growing my hair back out, but decided against it so i am going to get it cut tomorrow maybe??
Friday, August 6, 2010
Sorry I have turned into such a bad blogger this summer. I just can't seem to find/make the time to update you on my life. So for those that are afar and this is all you get of me- my apologies! Anyhow here is me: