background

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The picture

The other day, I noticed a friend had updated their profile picture. Which, of course, reminded me that I needed to do the same. My picture was from the first week Grady was alive, and he certainly looks different now. But I didn't have any updated pics of all four of us. So I determined someone was snapping one that morning. It wouldn't be professional looking, we didn't color coordinate, and I was fine using an iPhone instead of a dslr. "It would do" was my thought.



I quickly fell in love with this picture. We were all smiling, happy and somewhat put together. In our makeshift "church nursery" of our church plant. It is a snapshot of my life right now. And it made me happy.

Too often I try to create the perfect. I LOVE photography and creating artistic pictures for people. But you know what? That's not what my life looks like. And I find myself craving the ability to bottle up today. To be able to remember exactly what this season is like. And I am finding that these snapshots I get with my prized iphone are what help me do that. They seem to remind me to love where God has me, and be ok with not perfect, not Pinterest-worthy, not ideal. To be ok with real.

So I encourage you to do the same today. Get a snapshot of your real, and remember God has you in this season for a reason. Savor it. Persevere through it (if it's a hard one). Live in it.


















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment