background

Monday, April 27, 2020

Back to back kinda love



This morning, around 6am, Grady crawled in bed with us. They had gone to sleep pretty late the last two nights and he doesn’t do well when that happens. Instead of waking up later, he wakes up earlier. Lucky us! Haha. 

He curled in next to me, and then ended up back to back with me, making sure to press against me as he drifted back to sleep. I also drifted in and out of sleep, but determined not to move so he could get as much rest as possible. 

I loved those moments. Parenting happens so fast. They grow so incredibly fast. You almost do not have time to notice that they wake up scared less, they need the presence of your back touching theirs less and less in order to sleep. 

He is my baby. And yet he is quickly becoming less and less of a baby. And if I am honest, I adore seeing him turn into this young boy and all the new adventures he is conquering. 

But this morning, I got a few sweet hours of back to back love. And it was medicine to my soul. 





No comments:

Post a Comment