background

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Of course, we should (and hopefully are) thankful each day for how incredibly blessed we are, but I think it's nice to have a day to take a break from the normal routine to reflect and really remind yourself of what you're thankful for. As we have the last several years, we stayed in BG this year and celebrated with Mr.Pate's Mom, Brothers and Uncle Ed. One thing I am thankful for? That they are willing to drive to us! Not traveling on a holiday is such a lovely break!

Our holiday had a bit of a slow, tired start because a certain two year old decided to be awake from 11:30pm until 4am! Ahhh!!! We have no idea what that was about, but as normal, Griffin was a blast today so at least he is great during waking hours?! Haha!

We ended up with an extra turkey breast from some changed plans this year, so Mr.Pate smoked it for us, which was a first and was absolutely delicious! I also baked a turkey again this year and kinda burned the skin. Oops. But the meat ended up moist and pretty yummy. I did a brine again (did that for the first time last year) and I tell you people- it makes it so moist (or "wet" as Sheldon described it! Haha)!!!

After lunch, we ended up playing Hoopla and had a blast! Uncle Ed even played, which made it quite entertaining (rocking chair... Chair... Pu chair.... Oh punk rocker?!! Hahaha). Uncle Shelly, Mr.Pate, and Griffin played some football outside and we watched a Hallmark Christmas movie.

It's been a great day. I am thankful for so many things this year- my Savior and his unending grace towards me, my husband and son that make my heart burst with love, our amazing families, great friends, incredible jobs, abundant provision, freedom, and the list goes on and on.

Here's to remembering our grateful ness the rest of the year ;-)















- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment