background

Thursday, November 13, 2008

my favorite place on earth!!


so i totally needed to blog about this and forgot.

i have found a new favorite place on earth... can you guess where?

my backyard!! i know, sounds lame, but it is seriously the most amazing place for me. let me tell you about it...

my hammock: our back yard is filled with big old trees. and in between two of these trees hangs my wonderful hammock (compliments of the sims). i love to lay in this hammock and read, while taking in the sights and sounds surrounding me.

the sights and sounds: usually these include the sun coming thru the gorgeous tall trees, sushi- the Alaskan shepherd dog who lives behind us and is oh so cute and playful and a great jumper (pretty sure she is coming into our yard one of these days), and my husband hitting yellow foam golf balls around our yard or at me (yes my husband hits golf balls at me... the abuse i live with geez)

the courtyard: our house has a built on workshop behind the garage that helps form a little courtyard between it and our kitchen (see the picture). it is a fabulous little spot, esp in the fall! the seller of our house left us a massive fire pit that i am soo grateful for. this past weekend we built a fire and actually made smores with some friends- i love this so much!!

so there is a small tour through my backyard. i assure you it is much more amazing in person and if you are nice i might even let you come over....

1 comment:

  1. yay! I found your blog. cute home.
    good to see you at homecoming a few wks ago. :)

    ~emily r.

    ReplyDelete