I set up my cooling racks and got the waffle mix going. I knew this would be the most high maintance part of the day- the waffles. Every 8 minutes I got the waffles out of the waffle maker and put in 2 more. Total cooked-24.
The waffle station: cheap waffle maker from alid's that i love, big bowl full of mix, timer.
I boiled alot of chicken yesterday! So I had this big platter with paper towels on it to place the chicken until I was ready to chop it. I also use the vacuum sealer to bag anything I can. Tip** Be sure to check how much vacuum seal bag roll you have left before beginning... I ran out.
A shot of the stove. I had fajita chicken going in the back and boiling chicken in the front.
The end result. It actually doesn't look like much, which means I can fit alot more than I thought in there! Everything is labeled and ready to go.
And the cleaned up kitchen. I cleaned as I went so that I would not be completely overwhelmed at the end... Good choice.
- Make sure you have throughly written out a plan... including how many pieces of this meat need to be cooked this way etc. I ended up cooking some chicken that I was planning on not cooking and chopping some I had wanted whole etc. So have a detailed plan.
- I recommend going BIG. I could have easily doubled several of these with no extra work... lesson learned! So if you are going to do taco meat, do enough for three dinners, etc.
- Fix your lunch ahead of time and make it something easy to eat. I forgot to eat, and if I had remembered I dont think I would have felt like stopping and fixing something.
- Keep moving. I didn't feel tired until I stopped moving...
- Wear comfy supportive shoes. I know I sound like an old lady, but I was barefoot all day and last night my feet hurt sooo bad!